Sunday, April 25, 2010

Its all over!

After a terrible week of our poor Livi being sick, I think the corner has finally been turned. She has kept food down, taken her medicine, and is eating again just like normal. I'm so glad that is all over. Of course she still needs to finish her antibiotics, but she doesn't seem to mind them so much now that her tummy is feeling better. We will be going to get an ultrasound on her kidneys on Tuesday, and try to figure out what caused the infection. Hopefully this was not just a small part of a bigger problem. I'm trying not to think about it like that...but being a new daddy, I can't help worry about it. One other thing has come from her being sick...she's a belly sleeper now! It scares me sometimes when I walk in to her room to check on her and she has her face burried in the blankets, but Brittani says as long as she's breathing she's fine. I guess she really is becoming a big girl!

We had our first official weigh in after 2 weeks on the new diet. The results are in, and so far things are going well for Brittani and I! In 2 weeks, with no exercise to speak of and just some small changes in the way we eat, brittani lost 4 lbs and I lost 7. It may not seem like much to some people, but it makes us feel really good knowing that the changes we have made are actually paying off! The next step is to start making daily exercise a priority. Brittani is planning on returning to her power walking, and I will start taking Olivia on walks after work. I can't wait to update again after we have lost even more!!!

0 comments: