Monday, April 19, 2010

Poor Livi Bug =(

These past few days have been some trying ones for our little family. Olivia woke up on Saturday morning with her first fever, and she has not been feeling well since then. The fever hasn't really gone much higher than 100 degrees, but for us as new parents, and for our poor little girl, it seems like the end of the world. She is not herself at all. She hasn't really liked to play in these last few days, but prefers just being held and sleeping. Its so sad...anytime Brittani or I try to put her down for a few moments, she looks at us like "why are you leaving me? I dont' feel good". Brittani has admitted, she doesn't mind the cuddliness most of the time. We were told by the pediatrician that it is possible she has a stomach virus that has been going around, but we're still hoping that it may just be from the teething. Nothing we can really do at this point other than giving her lots of hugs and kisses and wait for her little immune system to work its magic!

On the weight loss front, I can definately see a small amount of progress. We're not really supposed to be weighing ourselves, but I admit I have snuck a few peeks at the scale and like what I see so far. The only real changes we have made is in our eating habits. We rarely eat fast food anymore, which is a lot harder on me than it is on my wife. We have stocked up on lean ground turkey, chicken, and some other choices that are much better for us than the ground beef and chicken fingers we were used to eating. We still haven't really found a way to work consistent exercise into our schedules, but I'm confident that we will make that a priority in the next week or so. Keep your thoughts and suggestions coming, we love hearing what has worked for everyone else.

Love you all!!
-Tymon, Brittani, and Olivia

0 comments: